Kim Jong-un ‘begged’ for the summit to take place
The most anticipated event the United States and North Korea presidents Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un are expected to meet on 12th of this month. The historic summit, to be held at the luxurious Capella Hotel on Sentosa, Singapore. Thousands of media delegates are expected to arrive soon – lifting hotel occupancy numbers.
According to the American newspaper Wall Street Journal, Trump Attorney Journal Rudy Giuliani has stated that North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un “begged” for the summit with President Donald Trump to go on after Trump cancelled it last month
Speaking in Tel Aviv, Giuliani claimed that after Trump sent a letter to Kim Jong Un calling off the June 12 talks in Singapore, Kim “got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in.”
“They wanted to start a nuclear war with us. We wanted to defeat us in that war. We have said that we will not be confronted with such situations. Kim Jong Un was left behind. We wanted to meet the trump, “Rudy said.
This meeting was called back on just a week after Mr Trump sent a letter to Mr Kim saying he was pulling out of the talks. In the letter, Mr Trump wrote he felt it was “inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting” after “tremendous anger and open hostility” displayed in North Korea’s statement calling US Vice President Mike Pence a “political dummy”.
But Trump, after meeting with the North Korea Foreign Minister Kim Yong-Chol, changed his decision. With Kim confessed to the meeting, the way to meet was positive. The first meeting will be held between 9 am and 9 am at a luxury hotel in Singapore.