Australian police have arrested a 20-year-old man, they claimed that he was planning to terror attack during New Year’s Eve celebration in Melbourne. Authorities said that the terrorism crime will be charged on that man and maximum of his life he will be in prison.
Australian police allege that the man has planned to shot the people at Federation Square with his automatic gun. They informed that currently there is no threat to the public.
The police authorities said that they didn’t get an automatic weapon from that man before his arrest. They arrest the man in Werribee, a Melbourne suburb, on Monday.
Victoria Police deputy commissioner Shane Patton said that “What we will be alleging is that he was intending to use a firearm to shoot and kill as many people as he could,”.
This person becomes particularly energised, for a lack of a better word when terrorism events occurred and express a great deal of interest in committing an attack himself.
In last year almost 500,000 people celebrated New Year’s Eve at Melbourne’s city centre.